[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[no subject]



> It is just a home fileserver - with some mp3s and such on it.  I am still
> trying to rebuild it from the RH 7.3 --> Libranet 2.8.1 migration.  It runs
> samba and is used mainly as a software RAID 5 backup for all of the home
> machines (wife has to have her game configs and Favorites backed up !!)
>
> I guess that after I get it finished I could run some tests ... especially
> since I suspect that my harddrives are not taking advantage of the UDMA 133
> that they should be on (the dmesg states something like they both are at
> UDMA 133 *and* pio) - so that is something to do after I get it finished.

Cool. I once jammed a half a dozen disks in a machine and put them all on
seperate controlers and the performance sucked. (but I had a lot of drive
space!)

	bjorn


</pre>
<!--X-Body-of-Message-End-->
<!--X-MsgBody-End-->
<!--X-Follow-Ups-->
<hr>
<ul><li><strong>Follow-Ups</strong>:
<ul>
<li><strong><a name="00205" href="msg00205.html">[ale] Request for info on mknod -- or How I ran out of devicenames</a></strong>
<ul><li><em>From:</em> runman at speedfactory.net (Greg)</li></ul></li>
</ul></li></ul>
<!--X-Follow-Ups-End-->
<!--X-References-->
<ul><li><strong>References</strong>:
<ul>
<li><strong><a name="00197" href="msg00197.html">[ale] Request for info on mknod -- or How I ran out of devicenames</a></strong>
<ul><li><em>From:</em> runman at speedfactory.net (Greg)</li></ul></li>
</ul></li></ul>
<!--X-References-End-->
<!--X-BotPNI-->
<ul>
<li>Prev by Date:
<strong><a href="msg00202.html">[ale] OT: technology is wonderful</a></strong>
</li>
<li>Next by Date:
<strong><a href="msg00204.html">[ale] OT: technology is wonderful</a></strong>
</li>
<li>Previous by thread:
<strong><a href="msg00197.html">[ale] Request for info on mknod -- or How I ran out of devicenames</a></strong>
</li>
<li>Next by thread:
<strong><a href="msg00205.html">[ale] Request for info on mknod -- or How I ran out of devicenames</a></strong>
</li>
<li>Index(es):
<ul>
<li><a href="maillist.html#00203"><strong>Date</strong></a></li>
<li><a href="threads.html#00203"><strong>Thread</strong></a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>

<!--X-BotPNI-End-->
<!--X-User-Footer-->
<!--X-User-Footer-End-->
</body>
</html>