[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- <!--x-content-type: text/plain -->
- <!--x-date: Thu Jan 29 22:59:29 2004 -->
- <!--x-from-r13: gserrzna ng vagry.qvtvpurz.arg (gserrzna ng vagry.qvtvpurz.arg) -->
- <!--x-message-id: Pine.LNX.4.44.0401292238470.23229-[email protected] -->
- <!--x-reference: [email protected]-graphics.com --> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
- <!--x-subject: [ale] Indian outsourcing -->
- <li><em>date</em>: Thu Jan 29 22:59:29 2004</li>
- <li><em>from</em>: tfreeman at intel.digichem.net (tfreeman at intel.digichem.net)</li>
- <li><em>in-reply-to</em>: <<a href="msg01318.html">[email protected]</a>></li>
- <li><em>subject</em>: [ale] Indian outsourcing</li>
> Eichler, Paula J. wrote:
> >Corporations have no loyalty except to the bottom line. Does anyone
> >even question that? The only way to keep jobs in this country is to
> >give companies incentive to hire Americans over outsourcing overseas.
> >President Bush could use his influence to get in front of the podium and
> >say "Hire an American if you love your country" rather than "typing
> >classes and cash register training for everyone". Truth is, I doubt he
> >gives a crap.
> I don't think it's as simple as blaming corporations and government. If
> stockholders (i.e. 401K participants) didn't expect dividends and
> increasing stock values NOW, not ten years from now things might be
Not _just_ the investment community, also the executive suite. I'd love to
see the whining and bitching if we could outsource/off shore some
multimillion dollar/year executives for some relatively equivelent Indian
executives at 10% the cost.
It might help to remember also, when you are number 1, the only direction
left to go is down to #2 (eventually).
The factory workers (steel, heavy machinery, etc) took it in the neck 20
years ago, and management salaries went up like balloons in many other
areas. It is now the turn of IT and other middle class working stiffs, and
the management salaries seem to continue to grow.
YMMV of course.
If you think Education is expensive
<li><strong><a name="01318" href="msg01318.html">[ale] Indian outsourcing</a></strong>
<ul><li><em>From:</em> astewart at layton-graphics.com (Alan Stewart)</li></ul></li>
<li>Prev by Date:
<strong><a href="msg01339.html">[ale] Indian outsourcing</a></strong>
<li>Next by Date:
<strong><a href="msg01341.html">[ale] Oops</a></strong>
<li>Previous by thread:
<strong><a href="msg01376.html">[ale] Indian outsourcing</a></strong>
<li>Next by thread:
<strong><a href="msg01372.html">[ale] Indian outsourcing</a></strong>