[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] OT: Plasma TVs and burn-in
- Subject: [ale] OT: Plasma TVs and burn-in
- From: bob at verysecurelinux.com (Bob Toxen)
- Date: Sat Jan 10 00:03:58 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 09:22:16AM -0500, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> We are looking at some Plasma TVs and our #1 concern is burn-in. We
> only watch a few channels and each one has a logo that only goes away
> during commercials.
I doubt if Plasma displays suffer from burn. CRTs do because the phosphors
age over time. It actually takes years of a very distinctive all on here
and all off there to do it. Besides, most of the channel logos are not
that high in contrast.