[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] resizing an X window from the command line?
- Subject: [ale] resizing an X window from the command line?
- From: danscox at mindspring.com (Danny Cox)
- Date: Fri Jan 9 17:15:48 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Fri, 2004-01-09 at 13:32, John Wells wrote:
> Seems I've done this in the past, but can't for the life of me recall how.
> Is there a utility that allows you to resize and X window that's already
> be spawned from the command line?
See the -geometry argument. For xterm (and other terminal emulators),
you can say -geometry 80x52 and get colums and lines (I think).
Otherwise it's in pixels.
kernel, n.: A part of an operating system that preserves the
medieval traditions of sorcery and black art.