[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list
- Subject: [ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list
- From: vernard at cc.gatech.edu (Vernard Martin)
- Date: Fri Jan 2 16:11:25 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]>
On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 12:38, Greg wrote:
> Linux Torvalds hated it and considered it crap, according to the book "An
> Accidental Revolutionary"
Mach has many useful design choices and is a very viable operating
system infrastructure. Mach can technically have "personalities" of as
many other OSes that you like and they can all run concurrently.
It is commonly accepted in the academic circles (which is where Mach
comes from) that the design of Mach is good but the original
implementation of Mach left much to be desired.
Vernard Martin - College of Computing - Georgia Institute of Technology
Institute of Nebulous and Collaborative Intelligent Thought Evolution