[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[ale] Coaster Production in Progress



Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> 
> All I'm trying to do is make CD-Rs from the Red Hat 7.0 ISOs.  I now
> have a couple of coasters.

Looks to me below like the iso is larger than your CD.  Note the total
size of 734 MB.

> 
> Machine is an Athlon/700; CD-RW is a SCSI Ricoh RW7060S.  md5sum on the
> ISO checks out OK.  SCSI adapter is Initio.  First attempt was on an
> Imation CD-R at 4x; second attempt was on a Verbatim CD-R at 2x.  Distro
> is Mandrake 7.1.  Running as root.
> 
> In both cases, writing begins but ends partway through.
> 
> Does anyone see anything obviously wrong or do I need to drill down
> through the muck of shadowy SCSI problems?
> 
> Output below:
> 
> 1st attempt:
> 
> [root at juanita disc1]# cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=1,0 7.0-i386-disc1.iso
> Cdrecord 1.8.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J??rg
> Schilling
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> scsidev: '1,0'
> scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
> atapi: 0
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 2
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : '        '
> Identifikation : 'CD-R/RW RW7060S '
> Revision       : '1.20'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
> Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
> Drive buf size : 1359872 = 1328 KB
> FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
> Track 01: data  639 MB
> Total size:     734 MB (72:45.68) = 327426 sectors
> Lout start:     734 MB (72:47/51) = 327426 sectors
> Current Secsize: 2048
> ATIP info from disk:
>   Indicated writing power: 5
>   Is not unrestricted
>   Is not erasable
>   Disk sub type: 6
>   ATIP start of lead in:  -11640 (97:26/60)
>   ATIP start of lead out: 337350 (75:00/00)
> Disk type: Long strategy type (Cyanine, AZO or similar)
> Manuf. index: 3
> Manufacturer: CMC Magnetics Corporation
> Blocks total: 337350 Blocks current: 337350 Blocks remaining: 9924
> RBlocks total: 349030 RBlocks current: 349030 RBlocks remaining: 21604
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in write mode for single session.
> Last chance to quit, starting real write in 1 seconds.
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> Performing OPC...
> Starting new track at sector: 0
> Track 01: 136 of 639 MB written (fifo 100%).cdrecord: Input/output
> error. write_
> g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
> CDB:  2A 00 00 01 10 C0 00 00 10 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: F0 00 03 00 01 0E 2C 0C 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 69164 (valid)
> 
> write track data: error after 142999552 bytes
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> cdrecord: Input/output error. flush cache: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
> CDB:  35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: F0 00 03 00 01 0E 2C 0C 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 69164 (valid)
> cmd finished after 4.037s timeout 120s
> Trouble flushing the cache
> Writing  time:  245.238s
> Fixating...
> Fixating time:   62.313s
> cdrecord: fifo had 4492 puts and 4365 gets.
> cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 4339 times full, min fill was 96%.
> 
> 2nd Attempt:
> 
> [root at juanita disc1]# cdrecord -v speed=2 dev=1,0 7.0-i386-disc1.iso
> Cdrecord 1.8.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J??rg
> Schilling
> TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
> scsidev: '1,0'
> scsibus: 0 target: 1 lun: 0
> Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
> atapi: 0
> Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
> Version        : 2
> Response Format: 2
> Capabilities   :
> Vendor_info    : '        '
> Identifikation : 'CD-R/RW RW7060S '
> Revision       : '1.20'
> Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
> Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
> Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
> Drive buf size : 1359872 = 1328 KB
> FIFO size      : 4194304 = 4096 KB
> Track 01: data  639 MB
> Total size:     734 MB (72:45.68) = 327426 sectors
> Lout start:     734 MB (72:47/51) = 327426 sectors
> Current Secsize: 2048
> ATIP info from disk:
>   Indicated writing power: 5
>   Is not unrestricted
>   Is not erasable
>   ATIP start of lead in:  -11080 (97:34/20)
>   ATIP start of lead out: 335100 (74:30/00)
> Disk type: Long strategy type (Cyanine, AZO or similar)
> Manuf. index: 11
> Manufacturer: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
> Blocks total: 335100 Blocks current: 335100 Blocks remaining: 7674
> RBlocks total: 342460 RBlocks current: 342460 RBlocks remaining: 15034
> Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 2 in write mode for single session.
> Last chance to quit, starting real write in 1 seconds.
> Waiting for reader process to fill input buffer ... input buffer ready.
> Performing OPC...
> Starting new track at sector: 0
> Track 01:  81 of 639 MB written (fifo 100%).cdrecord: Input/output
> error. write_
> g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
> Sense Bytes: F0 00 03 00 00 9F C6 0C 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 40902 (valid)
> 
> write track data: error after 85098496 bytes
> Sense Bytes: 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> cdrecord: Input/output error. flush cache: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
> CDB:  35 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
> status: 0x2 (CHECK CONDITION)
> Sense Bytes: F0 00 03 00 00 9F C6 0C 00 00 00 00 0C 00 00 00
> Sense Key: 0x3 Medium Error, Segment 0
> Sense Code: 0x0C Qual 0x00 (write error) Fru 0x0
> Sense flags: Blk 40902 (valid)
> cmd finished after 3.253s timeout 120s
> Trouble flushing the cache
> Writing  time:  288.554s
> Fixating...
> Fixating time:  119.669s
> cdrecord: fifo had 2725 puts and 2598 gets.
> cdrecord: fifo was 0 times empty and 2572 times full, min fill was 97%.
> --
> To unsubscribe: mail majordomo at ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The
latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein
--
To unsubscribe: mail majordomo at ale.org with "unsubscribe ale" in message body.