[ale] [[email protected]: Fw: Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: 207.174.68.94.: host no

On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 06:45:23PM -0700, Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
>   I've got qmail installed and looking nice.  Mail local to local works.
> mail Local outbound looks good.  Mail from my ISP (next hop upstream)
> works right.  Mail from outside my ISP bounces with this stuff below.
> Anyone have any Ideas?  The IP it lists below is the right IP.

No it's not:

> >    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> > 550 <robert.harris at rnd-consulting.com>,<nomad at rnd-consulting.com>... Host
> unknown (Name server: 207.174.68.94.: host not found)

I did several zone transfers of rnd-consulting.com. Sometimes it shows that
the MX for rnd-consulting.com is mail.rnd-consulting.com, which doesn't
exist. Other times it shows two MXes for rnd-consulting.com that are IP
addresses followed by a period, which is what the above error shows.
Take the trailing period off of the IP addresses and create
mail.rnd-consulting.com and you should be okay.

Robbie