[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] AT motherboard connector pinouts/wireless communications ideas for Linux?
- Subject: [ale] AT motherboard connector pinouts/wireless communications ideas for Linux?
- From: jmurrah at spaceghost.salug.org (Josh Murrah)
- Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 14:14:42 -0600 (CST)
Hey guys, this is loosely Linux-based (I'm using Linux for this embedded
system). I've been toying with the idea of making a PC based,
wireless LAN/serial communicating "roving robot", for fun. I have two
1) I need to run the PC off of a DC 12v and 5v supply, but I don't know
the pinouts for an AT style pinouts. Can anybody provide one?
2) To get started, I'm going to use the innards of a cordless phone on
the mobile unit, and plug the base into my home PC, and establish
communications manually over a closed circuit phone. I realize this is
majorly cheesy, but after all, it IS a home project. Does anyone have any
thoughts/etc.? I've thought about buying a older laptop for use on the
mobile unit, and putting wireless LAN cards to use, but that's more
expensive, and more importantly, I don't think cards are widely availble
that'll work with Linux. Any ideas?
Thanks for letting me ramble,
Josh Murrah, jmurrah at salug.org, http://jmurrah.salug.org, ICQ 4613433
This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to
be considered flaws or defects.