[ale] Need help with final configuration of mgetty

Hello...

I have mgetty installed and working  (for the most part) under Linux.  I can
dial in and connect, hit a shell prompt, and even logout.

The problem lies in that I cannot see any of this from the remote side(!),
though I do know that what I blindly type is in fact having the desired
effect.

So far, I have tried setting up mgetty for use with ttyS0 as well as cua0
(bad).

Does anyone have any experience with mgetty or any ideas on what I can try
next?

Thanks,

Eric