[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ale] Linux as terminal Server?
- Subject: [ale] Linux as terminal Server?
- From: eric at compgen.com (Eric Z. Ayers)
- Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 14:16:31 -0400
> Have you tried using kermit for Linux? At work, we run Caldera, and have a
> version of kermit written for Linux that works really well. I use it as a
> terminal connection to a pc-based UNIX server as well as for dialing from Linux
> to other Linux and UNIX systems.
> Nomad the Wanderer wrote:
> > Ok,
> > I'm still trying to get this Linux box working as a console/terminal
> > server. I have my DB25 <--> DB9 connected to my ttya on my Sparc5 and
> > my Com1 (ttyS0) on my Laptop. I do the following:
> > cu -l /dev/ttyS0
1) you need a null modem to do this.
2) there is an escape character for cu which is tlide dot (~.)
3) Don't try this from X if your mouse is usually connected to ttyS0
The linux serial stuff works. We have 8 modems in constant use
throughout the day for dialin/dialout.