[ale] Redhat Login

I just set up my first RedHat Server here at the house.  Up until now, all
my work and setups were done with the Slackware distributions.
Unfortunately, I have not been able to get SyBase or PAM to run on any of my
Slackware machines... ;-(.

I'v noticed that when telnetting into the server from a Win95 machine, it
takes about 30-40 seconds for the "Login" prompt to come up.  This happens
regardless of the telnet program I run on the 95 machine.  Logins from other
Linux boxes is almost instantaneous.  Also, logins to the RedHat using Samba
and Mars work just fine and are not noticeably different from my other servers.

Has anyone else noticed this as well?  Any recommended fixes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards - Bob Kruger