[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[6bone] Wifi IPv6 via sveasoft's Linksys WRT54G wifi AP router firmware upgrade.
- Subject: [6bone] Wifi IPv6 via sveasoft's Linksys WRT54G wifi AP router firmware upgrade.
- From: Toomas.Soome at microlink.ee (Toomas Soome)
- Date: Fri Sep 10 11:46:00 2004
- In-reply-to: <[email protected]>
- References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Gert Doering wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 06:36:52PM -0600, Colin Faber wrote:
>>I just thought I'd pass along this information. I have been able to
>>successfully setup an WEP encrypted WDS link between two remote sites
>>which have successfully transparently passed all desired IPv6 traffic
>>from one side to the other with out any problems.
> Should this be a reason to celebrate? Unless I'm mistaken, WEP and
> WLAN-Access in general should be about as transparent as a normal
> Ethernet switch, which is completely agnostic to IP, IPv6, IPX, or
well, depends... my linksys unit is unusable with any fiwmware I have
used so far, usually it will hung itself within ~1-1.5 day without any
wifi traffic at all.... so, celebrate while you can...:)