[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ASNs and 1897 (was: Getting attached...)
- Subject: ASNs and 1897 (was: Getting attached...)
- From: [email protected] (Johan Danielsson)
- Date: 05 Mar 1997 00:16:24 +0100
- In-reply-to: Jason Duerstock's message of Thu, 27 Feb 1997 20:15:51 -0500 (EST)
- References: <[email protected]>
Jason Duerstock <[email protected]> writes:
> > Note that an RFC1897 format address includes the ASN (Autonomous System
> > Number) of one's provider, not an ASN that belongs to one's own site.
> > (Though a provider uses its own ASN.)
This is completely incomprehensible. Why should I use the ASN of my
`provider' if I have one of my own (which is typically not the case)?
Also, more or less by definition, if I have an AS number, I have more
than one `provider'.
Can someone clarify this?