[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
6bone BOF reminder
- Subject: 6bone BOF reminder
- From: [email protected] (Bob Fink LBNL)
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 07:20:35 -0800
Just a reminder that the 6bone BOF will be on Tuesday (Dec 10) from 3:30 to
The agenda is still as originally advertized:
1. Discussion of usefulness and goals of a 6bone deployment working group
2. Ongoing 6bone business
For ongoing business I will start with Alain Durand's list (with Pedro
Roque's submission added) and we can modify it at the start of the meeting:
- RIPE registry
* database clean up
* new syntax & new entries (some important infos are missing)
- experimental tunnels
- IPv6 endpoints
- speed/reliability of tunnels
- sub-tunnels (tunnels to a subset of a site)
- existence of a routing protocol
- site carrying full routing table
* database sanity check
- 6-bone topology
* comments on the current topology
* how to add new tunnels ?
* should we go to a full mesh of core routers?
- map of the 6-bone
* usefullness of various maps
* full maps, sub-maps...
- dynamic routing
* is it needed at the scale of the 6-bone?
* is RIPng suitable?
* experiences with other routing protocols?
* limitations of RFC1897
* Pedro Roque's proposal for a change to RFC 1897
* could we try something else?
* what about "real" IPv6 addresses ?