BOUNCE geeks@lists.shorty.com: Approval required:

From: Linus Akesson <lairfight@softhome.net>
To: geeks@shorty.com
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 19:35:54 +0100
Subject: Don't forward this!!!

>>> DO NOT FORWARD! DO NOT FORWARD! DO NOT FORWARD! DO NOT FORWARD! <<<

  Dear friend,

This is not a chain letter.

Please DON'T SEND THIS to anyone! Doing so will NOT bring you any luck
whatsoever.

If you forward this to 1 person, you will catch a cold.

If you forward this to 2 persons, you will break a leg.

If you forward this to 3 persons, you will catch a deadly disease.

If you forward this to 4 persons, your current girlfriend/boyfriend
will leave you.

If you forward this to 5 persons, your current girlfriend/boyfriend
will kill you.

If you forward this to 6 persons, you will die in cancer tomorrow.

If you forward this to 7 persons, you will lose your job, break a leg
AND find a dead spider in your beer.

Sending this mail to 8 persons will cause your parents to die in a car
accident.

Sending it to 9 persons will bring to life a new pestilence epidemy.

Sending it to 10 persons will cause you to mail yet another copy in
your sleep:

Sending it to 11 persons will start a nuclear war.

Forwarding this to 12 people will start a fire in your house.

Forwarding this to 13 people will cause your hair to grow inwards.

If you forward it to 14 people you will be sued for improper behaviour
in public.

If you forward it to 15 people, someone will plant an explosive banana
in your left nostril.

If you forward it to 16 people, all your family and friends will be
abducted by aliens.

If you forward it to 17 people, all your electrical outlets will switch
to 517.3 Volt.

Mail a copy to 18 people and you will be severely crushed by a tractor.

Mail a copy to 19 people and you will be severely beaten by Adam
Sandler.

Mail a copy to 20 people and your favourite aunt will appear to be
Saddam Hussein under a clever disguise.

By forwarding this to 21 people you will cause a tidal wave to wipe out
most of civilization.

By forwarding this to 22 people, you will accidentally run over a child
with your new, shiny steam-roller, making it all a smeary mess.

If you forward it to 23 people, you will miss 1 episode of Friends.

If you forward it to 24 people, all of the above will happen AND you
will lose $5 on horses next week.

If you forward it to 25 people or more, you will wake up being Bill
Gates.

So PLEASE _don't send this mail to anybody_!!!

This is a REAL LIFE example:

  Mr B. Smith (nowadays known as Mr B. Gates) was a young, promising
clerk, always doing his work neatly and satisfactory every day, after
which he returned home to be greeted by his young, attractive wife
Alice and their two kids, Elisabeth and Minna. The Smith family was
what some people would call one Big Happy Family.

  But one day, Mr B. Smith recieved an anonymous email at his office.
He didn't look too close at it, and thought it was just an ordinary
chain letter. Being a bit superstitious, he quickly mailed it to all
his mates at the company.

  The next day, the company went bankrupt. A biologic-nuclear war blew
away Mr B. Smith's whole family, and a new form of cancer epidemy was
born. Saddam Hussein turned up at Mr B. Smith's temporary home (his old
home had burnt down), claiming to be his aunt, and sectrely planting an
explosive banana in our friend's left nostril. Mr B. Smith desperately
tried to seek comfort from his friends, but they had all been abducted
by aliens.

  He also missed one episode of Friends.

  Now Mr B. Smith lives in Redmond, where he spends most of his time
sitting in his office, constantly refusing to read or reply to any
email being sent to him.