[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: Power Supplies

You could use an isolation transformer that also step up the voltage.  You
can get them from Newark, McMaster and Carr, Granger.  The transformer
though will not convert the 60Hz to 50Hz.
Dale S.
Dale Schermerhorn, Applications Engineer
Communications Power Systems
Alpha Technologies
Direct (360) 392-2350
Fax    (360) 671-4936
http://www.alpha.com <http://www.alpha.com/> 


-----Original Message-----
From: Metcalf, Andrew [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 1:07 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: RE: Power Supplies

Radioshack's units appear to only go up to 140V. I'm guessing that I need to
take 220 from a 220 or above feed to the building, rather than use something
that plugs into a 110-120Vac outlet.

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email protected] [ mailto:[email protected]
<mailto:[email protected]> ] 
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 3:55 PM 
To: [email protected] 
Subject: Re: Power Supplies 

If all you're looking for is a step up/step down power transformer, 
Tech America (whoops, RadioShack.Com) has various models for various 
loads. I doubt regular Radio Shacks have much more than cheap travel 
converters, tho.